The British Council in Georgia offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at one of our offices). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||510 GEL||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||510 GEL||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||600 GEL||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||500 GEL||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card. To note, foreign citizens should register with passport only) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.
- You will receive the bank details on your email if you choose bank transfer as the payment option in the Online Registration System. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [Reference Number / name / test date]. Your reference number is a 15 digit number that starts with GE001. Failure to quote your registration reference number may delay your application process; this may lead to a change from your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the bank transfer receipt by email within three working days of your online registration, otherwise, your application will be cancelled.
If you choose paper-based IELTS, you will answer the Listening, Reading and Writing sections on a paper. The Speaking test is carried out face-to-face with a trained IELTS examiner.
If you choose computer-delivered IELTS, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing sections on a computer. The Speaking test will remain face to face with a trained IELTS examiner, as we believe it is the most effective way of assessing your speaking skills.
There is a specific IELTS test for UK visas and immigration. If you are looking to work, study or live in the UK then you may need to take this test.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
We will send you a confirmation email 3 days before the test date giving you the start time of your test and the venue address
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a seven-day window before or after your main test day.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.