Tbilisi International Film Festival is partnering with Encounters Film Festival and Watershed, Bristol organized DepicT! - a short film competition that takes place within the framework of the UK/Georgia: New Horizons 2019. #UKGeorgia2019
What is a competition about?
DepicT! is a Watershed’s international short film competition and a part of Encounter’s Film Festival in Bristol. The focus is on uncovering emerging Georgian filmmaking talent, which shows originality, imagination and the ability to engage in just a minute and a half.
The shortlisted DepicT! Filmmakers, often in the crucial early stage in their career, are invited to the Tbilisi International Film Festival and Encounters Film Festival, offered a prime industry platform. A gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: The Oscars®, BAFTAs, European Film Awards and Cartoon d'Or, the festival is a priceless opportunity for filmmakers to promote their work and make contact with a broad range of international industry professionals from distributors and producers to funding bodies and exhibitors, as well as other filmmakers and, of course, enthusiastic short film fans.
Entry was free.
Film Makers in Georgia! Accept the Depict challenge and get creative in just 90 seconds to be in with a chance to win
- Fully Funded attendance at Encounters Film Festival (British Council)
- £500 Cash Prize (British Council)
- Payment of IELTS Exam Fee (British Council).
- Screening at Tbilisi International Film Festival
- Screening at BAFTA Qualifying Encounter Short Film & Animation Festival 2020
The competition was open to all Georgian citizens and entry was absolutely FREE. There is one rule only: The Films should be 90 seconds or less in duration.
Who could participate?
- Participants must be 18+
- Any professional filmmaker or amateur
- The primary contact completing the submission process had to be a Georgian citizen authorized to submit the film (s) and had to have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the film(s)
- Shortlisted candidates were asked to send it in a higher resolution version.
The deadline for uploading entries on https://filmfreeway.com/DepicTGeorgia was 15 October 2019
Note: The director of Encounters Film Festival, Rich Warren visited Tbilisi on May 5-8 to host a workshop about DepicT! The audience had a chance to learn more about the competition, rules & terms, awards & prizes, and film submission procedures.
The workshop took place on May 7, 2019, from 16:00 to 18:00 at “Politika” (164 Aghmashenebeli ave.). The audience was encouraged to ask questions